|There are spoilers for the LittleBigPlanet series underneath this header. Read at your own risk.|
- “ You can never truly defeat me! I am in all of you, I am..... I am all of you. Vanity, insecurity, short tempers and self-absorption.... you created me. If you destroy me, you destroy yourselves. Hahaha! ”
- — The Negativitron, in Into The Heart Of The Negativitron
The Negativitron is the primary antagonist and the final boss in LittleBigPlanet 2. The Negativitron appears as a giant inter-dimensional vacuum cleaner and as such is usually seen sucking everything and anything into its swirling portal mouth.
In the beta versions of LittleBigPlanet 2, the Negativitron was originally called "The Sucker", and resembled a vacuum cleaner more than anything else, and had two eyes (the eyes were meanie eyes instead of the evil magic eyes used in the final game) and there was only 1 vacuum segment.
The final version of the Negativitron is a four-eyed serpent, with a much more menacing appearance and 2 vacuum segments. Its teeth are actually modified versions of the Decoration "Meanie Horns", which is also used on the Meanie enemies. When it opens its mouth, a swirling neon pink vortex is seen, which seems to continue on forever. It also has two horns, and the ability to shoot energy blasts from its mouth.
Though the Negativitron can be seen in many forms during the course of the story mode, its default form is comprised of:
- 2 Vacuum Head Front Objects (for the upper and lower jaws)
- 10 Curved Meanie Horn decorations (2 Horns, 8 Teeth)
- 4 Orange Evil Magic Eyes (coloured orange)
- Neon Bevel material (for the vacuum segments)
- Bolts (to hold the vacuum segments together)
- Basic Cardboard coloured black with stickers (for the basic jaw structure)
- Spotlight object (set to purple and coloured black with stickers)
His name is a play on the word "negativity" and "tron" (creation), referring to what he represents as a creation of negativity.
- The Negativitron is voiced by Jeremy Mayne, an audio designer of Media Molecule, as well as the composer of The Shrew's Gambit from the Move Pack.
- There is no swirl in the Negativitron decoration.
- In A Nurse, A Tree And A Duck, it comes in saying "Feed me!", possibly quoting Audrey II from Alan Menken and Howard Ashman's "Little Shop of Horrors."
- The Negativitron appears along with Sackboy in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale as a cameo.
- In some cutscenes, the crafted Negativitron is replaced by the 'Negativitron Head' and 'Negativitron Pipe' decoration pieces.
- The Negativitron's default form seen throughout Story Mode is different from the final boss version. Its jaw is held in place with black-coloured cardboard and does not move, and it has a purple light in its mouth instead of a swirl.
- The evil accordion's sound effects in Piano of Peril are actually the Negativitron's with the pitch turned all the way up.
- In the final cutscene before fighting it, it claims that it was created from The Alliance's members' faults (i.e. Avalon's ego, Da Vinci's short temper, Victoria's insecurities, Eve's self absorption)