Sackboy is the default protagonist of the LittleBigPlanet series of games. He and his female counterpart, Sackgirl, are small entities called Sackpeople, Sackfolk, or Sack Things.
Sackfolk are made out of various cloths (mainly brown knitted wool), and stuffing, with stitches clearly visible, and a large zipper down the front of their chest. Sackpeople are stuffed with fluff, and also mentioned to be stuffed with ice cream, too.
Main article: Customization
As well as the Costumes originally included in the game, there are also extra costumes, most of which are cameos of other video-game characters, which can be bought on the PlayStation Store.
Concept and Creation
Main article: Sackboy/Concept and Creation
The original placeholder version of the character, in the prototype Craftworld, was dubbed Yellow Head and, unsurprisingly, had a large yellow head. After the team got the go ahead to develop the game, the character needed to evolve into a proper character to fit the game’s developing art style, and so Mark, Francis and Kareem all went to the drawing board and started to concept. As Sackboy was reshaped time and time again, it was the handmade aspects that stayed true throughout everyone’s designs. There were three distinct versions of Sackboy shape-wise, but you could see the similarities between them too.
Appearances in other games
- Sackboy is a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. His rival is Big Daddy from the Bioshock franchise.
- Sackboy appears along with other LittleBigPlanet characters, objects and locations in the Minecraft LittleBigPlanet Mash-Up Pack.
- He is a playable character via DLC in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, ModNation Racers and Invizimals: Shadow Zone.
Names in other languages
- Sackboy was created on October 1, 2006.[source?]
- Sackboy is only 8 centimeters tall, or about 3 inches.
- Sackboy's noises (such as when he holds his breath before popping) are provided by Kenneth Young, the sound and music composer at Media Molecule.
- Sackboy used to be the only playable character, until LittleBigPlanet 3 added in OddSock, Toggle and Swoop.
- Francis Pang was the person that created Sackboy.