The Paintinator, is a paintball pistol SackPeople can acquire from a floating, rotating pickup placed in the level. It was released as part of the Metal Gear Solid expansion pack. It is aimed with the right analog stick and fired by pressing R1. It is one of the three Player Enhancements alongside the Jetpack and Scuba Gear. It is included in both the LittleBigPlanet: Game Of The Year Edition and LittleBigPlanet 2.
As well as featuring in the story levels of the Metal Gear Solid expansion, the Paintinator can also be placed in levels created by players with the expansion pack. Players can then play the level and use the Paintinator whether they have bought the pack or not.
The Paintinator can activate Paint Switches, which are activated by shooting it with paint ball rounds from the Paintinator. It can be set to require more than one hit before activated. The appearance of a Paint Switch is of a green bar when full. As it is shot the bar gets smaller as it changes to yellow, then finally red before being activated. The Paint Switch also activates numerous functions and bolts.
The Paintinator can also be used to shoot other SackPeople, knocking them back like a weaker version of the slap and covering them in paint. Finally, it can be used to destroy unshielded brains on creatures.
In LittleBigPlanet Karting, the Paintinator is used as a weapon to slow down other racers. You need to aim this
properly to successfully hit them. You can use it 3 times, and it fires 3 paintballs simultaneously.
Paintinator Glitch: How To Make Paint Balls Colourful
If you have the expansion pack on Little Big Planet 1, this works. If you remember the introduction showing you popit colours, it has the colour black on it, which no one has. The way to do this is: Change your controller number to 2. Check your popit colour. If it is not black, do 3. Keep doing this until your popit is black. Now get a paintinator. Shoot the paintinator. You will have multi-coloured paint balls coming out. The light on the paintinator will also change colours too.
There are 3 trophies associated with The Paintinator enhancement:
- Paint Sharer: Create a level with the Paintinator upgrade in it.
- Paint Splurge: Fire 5,000 Paintballs.
- Quick-fire Artiste: Fire 40 paintballs in 5 seconds. Do this by getting a paintinator, getting 4 players, then shoot REALLY FAST!!!!!
- The colour of the paint is determined by the player's Popit colour while customising your Sack person.
- If you place a sticker on your hands that is larger than your hands, the excess amount of the sticker colours the Paintinator. Which allows you to change the colour of the Paintinator itself. Cool!
- There is a glitch with the Paintinator. If a decoration is attached to the Paintinator and then the player removes the Paintinator, the decoration will then be hovering in midair next to the Sack person.
- It is possible to use the Paintballs as separate objects. In Create Mode, shoot the Paintinator, then pause, then, capture the Paintball. You can also capture the ball for the Creatinator. The ball wont change colors for your popit color though.
- While using the Paintinator, you are not able to grab things like usual.
- Getting burned once by fire also results in the same effect as being a victim of a smack attack
- If you go in water while you have a Paintinator you will drop it.
- The paintinator's trigger is not visible.
- It is related to the Creatinator .
- Since the paintinator was released after the initial release of the game, players whose PS3s are not connected to the internet cannot use the paintinator without first updating the game.
- If there is a player with the Black Popit glitch (they MUST have a black popit), the paint balls will be random colors.