- “ Then there’s Oddsock, who’s a four-legged character. He’s not quite a dog; he’s more… well, he’s just an odd sock! Oddsock can wall jump and wall slide, and is really fast. Once you play the Oddsock levels and start nailing your jumps, it’s really fluid and much quicker than the familiar LBP gameplay. It’s a very different experience – we didn’t just want him to be Sackboy on four legs, we wanted him to be his own unique character. ”
- — PlayStation blog description
OddSock lives in the great swamp of Manglewood, its rolling green banks the perfect spot for a madcap run through the world of Bunkum. Having saved the planet many years ago, OddSock has retreated to his pinball sanctuary beneath its putrid waters. But when Marlon Random arrives on the scene with a new hero asking for help, he joins Sackboy and sets off on his greatest adventure yet.
- OddSock is one of the only two characters to get their own Power-Up, (The Springinator), the other being Sackboy.
- OddSock dislikes flat surfaces, and loves to run and jump.
- OddSock sits down when opening the Popit and moving your arms.
- He is the fastest of the four characters.
- OddSock is the only playable character in the game that cannot grab objects, even if set to do so with the Gameplay Tweaker.
- The LittleBigPlanet 3 manual speculates that OddSock may be a lizard, dog or small horse.
- In the earliest known versions of LittleBigPlanet 3, OddSock originally took the form of a blue, squirrel-like character named 'Rusk'. Not much is known about Rusk other than the fact that he could be ridden by Sackboy, and that Rusk was eventually replaced with OddSock.