- “ Fun shall overcome. ”
- — Advertising slogan
LittleBigPlanet (also known as LBP) is an puzzle platformer game for the PlayStation 3, developed solely by Media Molecule and published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, that allows players to create and share their own levels with other players using the items found in Prize Bubbles that are scattered throughout the Story mode & in-game tutorials. The game was first announced on March 7, 2007 by Phil Harrison, and then later released on October 24, 2008 in North America, however, due to lyrics in a song featured in the game, it was recalled and the song was replaced with its instrumental. The updated version of the game was released on October 27, 2008.
In LittleBigPlanet, players get to control a fully customisable Sackperson (often known as Sackboy). This Sackperson is controlled with the left analogue stick that lets them move left or right and between the 3 layers. Like many games players jump with the X (cross button) and can grab objects using the R1 Button.
Throughout the game players pick up Costumes, Objects, Materials, Stickers, Decorations & Tools, which can used in the game's Create Mode found on the player's own "Moon". Some of these items like stickers can be placed in the main levels or on the Sackperson.
Players navigate their way through the levels by jumping, pushing, grabbing, running to overcome numerous puzzles and encounter physics-based enemies ranging from the small such as burning logs, to big "bosses" built around one of six AI "brains" available in the player's create mode toolset.
- A demo version of the game was planned for release on the PlayStation Network in the fourth quarter of 2007, but was delayed until 2008. [source?]
- Importing images from the PlayStation hard drive to use in-game was considered, but Sony turned it down for unclear reasons. It was left in the game files and can still work.
- All of the game's updates were named after cheese.
- Having online multiplayer in Create Mode was impossible until the Leerdammer update.
- ^ http://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/article/new_release_dates
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20080429033129/http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/gdc-07-sony-reveals-littlebigplanet-242171.php
- ^ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/quran-references-force-worldwide-littlebigplanet-recall
- ^ http://web.archive.org/web/20081109014815/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediamolecule/3002663511/
- ^ http://web.archive.org/web/20110519213343/http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/feature/how_to_capture_the_best_quality_images_with_eyetoy
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_91rP7Aa1Q
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRxm_MZieUs