The Grabinator is a power-up that introduced in LittleBigPlanet 2.
It first appears in the story mode in Victoria's Laboratory, whereby the player has to lift up various objects in order to complete certain levels.In create mode it can be found in the Popit's 'Tools bag' under 'Character Enhancement'. This power-up allows the player to pick up grabbable materials of any size and other Sackboys and throw them. When equipped, the player uses both arms to raise the object above their head. Once something grabbable is picked up, the player is able to carry the object between all three layers of perspective. The colored bands on the Grabinator change color according to the player's Popit.
- The Grabinator was originally going to be named "Power Gloves".
- When standing still, instead of throwing the object that is held, Sackboy drops it in front of him. If running or falling, Sackboy throws in the direction he is facing.
- After a player has been idle with the Grabinators equipped for a certain amount of time, the sackperson equipped with the Grabinators may slam his fists on the ground randomly.
- In LittleBigPlanet Karting, the Grabinator works in a similar fashion, however the player needs to use the L1 Button to grab an object instead of R1. This is because the R1 button is used for Hopping and Drifting.
- The Grabinators, Popit, Jetpack and Sackboy all appears in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- In the early stages of LittleBigPlanet 2, Sackboy would glow brightly when equipped with the power-up instead of wearing gloves.