Craftworld is the planet where LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet PSP, LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet Karting take place. It resembles the planet Earth, however made out of several multi-coloured fabrics. It is the planet where the main protagonist of the series, Sackboy, lives.
Role in Story
In the first game, The Collector is disrupting life on LittleBigPlanet by stealing creations and kidnapping Creators. Sackboy spends most of the game leisurely traveling the planet, but heroically goes to stop the Collector once he learns of his plan from The Great Magician.
In LittleBigPlanet PSP, Sackboy must travel the planet to invite all the creators to The Carnival.
Craftworld plays a small role in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Its joy is mentioned as being taken by The Puppeteer by Sean Brawn, however later on he, Sackboy, and the rest of the Creator Curators find out that it is actually The Hollows that are stealing it.
While Sackboy was taking a stroll one day in Craftworld, Newton brings him to Bunkum against his will and asks him to help stop the Titans. At the end of the game, Sackboy along with his new friends, OddSock, Toggle, and Swoop are sent back through the Dimensional Doorway. Their return is shown in LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home.
- Prior to the second game, the planet itself was referred to as LittleBigPlanet. It has been called Craftworld since the second game, and it is still unclear why the planet has two names.
- Craftworld may have been named after the first prototype for LittleBigPlanet.
- Craftworld is much larger than Carnivalia, but is around the same size as Bunkum.
- The LittleBigPlanet universe is portrayed differently in LittleBigPlanet Karting. In the game, each theme is shown as being a different planet, with LittleBigPlanet containing all the themes from the first game. It is possible this is only intended as the menu interface and not an actual part of the story, for the following reasons:
- LittleBigPlanet 2 places Avalonia, Eve's Asylum and Victoria's Laboratory on the same planet, whereas in LittleBigPlanet Karting they are all different planets.
- In-story, The Space Bass is shown to just be a space station, while the menu shows it as a planet.
- LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home shows all the themes from both LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 as being on the same planet, while LittleBigPlanet Karting places the LittleBigPlanet 2 themes on separate planets from those in LittleBigPlanet.